My humble Motion to move the Honourable House to resolve and affirm our determination to uphold the territorial integrity of Sarawak, to revivify the State’s sovereign rights to all resources discerned therein and to assert State autonomy and authority over all blocks/fields with oil and gas potentials within the territory of Sarawak, reads as follows:
1. On 15 July 2016, our Right Honourable Chief Minister had explicated the various Orders, laws and enactments affecting the territorial boundary of Sarawak and the implications of the lifting of the Emergency Order No. 10 of 1969, that the control of off-shore exploration, prospecting or mining of petroleum remains with the State and regulated by the Oil Mining Ordinance and the Sarawak Land Code.
2. On 21 July 2016, Petronas awarded the SK410B Production Sharing Contract (PSC) to a joint venture comprising Thailand's PTTEP HK Offshore Ltd. (“PTTEP”) (42.5%), Kuwait's KUFPEC Malaysia (SK-410B) Ltd. (“KUFPEC”) (42.5%) and Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (15%).
3. Petronas had demarcated the territory of Sarawak, onshore and offshore, into 48 blocks or fields of oil and gas potentials. Petronas had awarded PSCs over 27 of these fields and 13 blocks in Sarawak featured in their promotion exercises of 2015 and 2016.
WHEREFORE THIS DEWAN IS MOVED AND RESOLVED:
(1) This Dewan obliges the State Government to uphold the territorial integrity of Sarawak and revivify the State’s sovereign rights to all resources discerned therein;
(2) To make strong representation to the Federal Government to amend the Territorial Sea Act 2012 [Act 750] to provide that the Act shall have no application in Sarawak, thereby maintaining our control and possession of valuable resources within our territorial boundary; and
(3) To devise the petroleum regulatory framework to assert State autonomy and authority over blocks/fields with oil and gas potentials yet to be awarded with PSC.