5-15 MAY 2014
QUESTIONS POSED BY BARU BIAN
For oral answers:
1. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
What is the budget per child per day for provision of food in the schools which provide meals for schoolchildren?
i) What criteria are there to ensure that the students’ nutritional requirements are met and how are these enforced?
2. To ask the Minister of Infrastructure Development and Communications:
Has the proposed road from Long Sebangang to Long Serina been approved?
i) What is the budget and who is the contractor?
ii) When will the project commence?
3. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
Why is the construction of the proposed and approved SMK Long Semadoh delayed?
i) When will construction start and when is the expected completion?
ii) Who is the appointed contractor and at what cost?
4. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
When is the Ministry of Health going to implement the Klinik Kesihatan Stungkor?
i) Is it true that the Divisional Health and Medical Office is asking members of the JKKK Kampung Stungkor and nearby villages to dispense medicine to the villagers and why?
5. To ask the Minister of Finance (II) and Minister of Local Government and Community Development:
How many transporters and distributors of subsidised goods have been successfully prosecuted for making false claims and for smuggling/illegal sale of subsidised goods over the past 5 years.
i) Please list the parties, amounts involved and the sentences imposed.
For written answers:
6. To ask the Minister of Rural Development:
Have the alternative hybrid solar systems at Long Semadoh Neseb and Long Sukang been commissioned as scheduled ie at the end of 2013?
i) What rates will the consumers be charged for the use of the power generated by these systems?
7. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
The 9th Malaysia Plan allocated RM1.15bil to improve and enhance rural school facilities, primarily in Sabah and Sarawak.
i) List the projects successfully completed and funds spent under this plan.
ii) Why was the Puru Sia school not built as promised?
8. 8. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
What is the racial composition of all MRSM and the SM Sains students in Sarawak in 2014?
i) What are the criteria for acceptance in these schools?
ii) Is the recommendation from the applicant’s former school relevant to applications to these schools?
9. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
When will the RM1bil Federal allocation for the rebuilding/repair of schools be received?
i) Please disclose the list of schools which will receive funds and the amounts to be given to each school.
ii) When will repair works commence?
10. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
What is the Ministry of Education doing about slow internet access in the schools which are supposed to have high speed 4G Internet access and when?
i) What will be done about the school computers which are not compatible with the 1BestariNet system?