1. To ask the Minister for Modernisation of Agriculture and Minister of Rural Development:
i) How many Rural Growth Centres are thriving business centres and considered successful, in line with the objectives for their existence?
ii) Does the Ministry plan to utilize these RGCs as buying and processing and/or packaging centers for the products of surrounding farming communities?
2. To ask the Minister of Resource Planning and Environment:
i) For Provisional Leases / timber licences issued, whose duty to ensure that NCR lands are excluded from the final survey of the provisonal lease or the extraction of timber?
ii) To what extent are possible NCR claimants involved in the process?
3. To ask the Minister of Modernisation of Agriculture and Minister of Rural Development:
What are the plans, if any to encourage rural farmers from communities surrounding RGC complexes to focus on a specific agricultural produce so that quality can be more easily controlled and processing and marketing of the produce made more manageable?
4. To ask the Chief Minister:
i) Notwithstanding the ‘Special Task Force’ by the Federal Government to review issues raised in the “Report of The National Inquiry Into The Land Rights of Indigenous Peoples” by SUHAKAM, whether the State Government agrees with the findings under chapter 7 on Sarawak and the recommendations made under chapter 10?
ii) What plans to implement the recommendations?
5. To ask the Minister of Modernisation of Agriculture and Minister of Rural Development:
What is the status of the Agropolis initiative for the development of the Ba’ Kelalan Highlands which was announced by the Chief Minister in 2006?
For written answers:
6. To ask the Chief Minister:
What is the rationale in appointing the former State Attorney General (SAG) of Sarawak as the Legal Advisor/Counsel to conduct NCR cases when we have our SAG active and still working very well?
i) Is he sitting on any of the Board of Directors of any Government agencies or GLCs; if so state which one and his remuneration.
7. To ask the Minister of Resource Planning and Environment:
What process is used by the State Government to ensure that Provisional Leases issued to any persons / companies do not encroach onto NCR lands as stated under section 65B(2)(b) of the Forests Ordinance 1954 and whether such procedure includes the local natives involved?
8. To ask the Minister for Modernisation of Agriculture and Minister of Rural Development:
i) When is the deadline for the agriculture department to complete the opening of the 48 agriculture stations mentioned by the Minister in August 2013 and finalise the recruitments of the personnel to man these stations?
ii) Are we on track?
9. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
How many rural schools are considered unsafe and in need of rebuilding?
i) Does the government have a plan or programme for the replacement of these schools?
ii) Will there be special State budget allocation for this purpose?
10. To ask the Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development:
Why is the construction of the proposed and approved SMK Long Semadoh delayed?
i) When will construction start and when is the expected completion?
ii) Who is the appointed contractor and at what cost?